Chair Yoga Training
Friday: 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am to 12:30pm
This training is ideal for yoga teachers who want to work with seniors, with people with limited mobility or with anyone unable to practice a standard yoga class. The program will offer you the tools to help your students build strength, awareness and confidence as well as to increase their well-being both physically and mentally.
The Program Covers:
- Teaching a 30-60 min chair yoga class
- Teaching to a group living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
- Teaching a group with Multiple Sclerosis and other causes of limited mobility
- Teaching chair yoga for office workers
- Working with other common issues that make a chair necessary
- How to set up the class and how to teach from a chair
- Practicum - Students will have the opportunity to practice teaching
- Anatomy of aging
- Mental aspects of aging
- Yoga Philosophy and aging
- Meditation and Mantras
- Storytelling and other ways to share the yogic philosophy
- How to find work as a chair yoga instructor
- Volunteer opportunities
Michael Hutkins is a 500hr trained teacher in the Sivananda lineage. He has been teaching yoga for 15 years and chair yoga for the past 6, making yoga accessible and fun for people of all ages and abilities. He is always amazed at how open seniors are to every aspect of yoga, from the physical to meditation, philosophy and even chanting.
Learn how to work with this ever growing group who can get so much benefit from the yoga practice!0